The Minnesota Department of Transportation recently awarded funding to several researchers at the Humphrey School to study a number of topics, including transportation equity and assessing the effects of highway improvements on adjacent businesses. Here's the list of research projects:
- Professor Yingling Fan: Assessing the Effects of Highway Improvements on Adjacent Businesses
- Professor Yingling Fan: Improving Transportation Equity for All by Centering the Needs of Marginalized and Underserved Communities
- Professor Zhirong (Jerry) Zhao: Identify Best Types of Commodity Flow Data for Freight, Railroad, Ports and Waterways Studies
- Researcher Frank Douma: Maximizing Transportation Assets by Building Community Connection Through Innovative Development of Rights of Way and Airspace
- Researcher Adeel Lari: Enhancing Managed Lane Equity Analysis
Work on these projects will get underway by July 1, 2021. MnDOT funded 26 proposals in all.