Certificate in Public Affairs Leadership
The Certificate in Public Affairs Leadership offers mid-career professionals specific knowledge and skills in leadership, management, public policy, and analysis to succeed in today's challenging environment.
Intended for working professionals, this executive education training program allows students to complete a professional certificate in an integrative cohort format in nine months. The certificate stands on its own or can be a steppingstone to the mid-career Master of Public Affairs degree. Students complete the certificate in one academic year by attending classes that include a cohort of students in the Master of Public Affairs (Mid-Career). Find a description of courses and meeting dates here.
What You Will Gain
- Advanced skills in leadership, management, and policy analysis
- Enhanced capacity to bring effective solutions to public problems
- A new network of colleagues from across the state
- New modes of working in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors
- Improved leadership capacity
- Managers in nonprofit organizations
- Administrators in city and county government
- Officials in state agencies
- Public servants committed to becoming more effective in their professional lives
- Advocates and community and government relations professionals
- Business leaders interested in collaborating with the public and nonprofit sectors
In addition to outstanding research and teaching credentials, our faculty members also have practical experience in nonprofit, private, and government organizations around the world.