Through the Gender Policy Report, public events, community partnerships and support of student groups, the Center strengthens relationships to connect research to practice and advance meaningful change.
Annual International Women’s Day Celebration
Each year, the Center leads the Humphrey School’s celebration of International Women’s Day (March 8) in collaboration with University and community partners. Recent themes have included “Indigenous Women Have Always Been Leaders” and “From Seeds to Movements: Feminist Leadership in Climate Justice.” Learn more and get involved.
Gender, Sexuality, and Policy Engagement Committee (GSPEC)
The Center supports this student-led Humphrey School committee that sponsors events focused on gender and sexuality-related issues and their intersection with public policy. Visit the GSPEC website for more information and follow GSPEC on Facebook for regular updates and event notices.
- Advisory Task Force on Expanding the Economic Security of Women: Center Director Ewig served as Core Task Force member on Attorney General Keith Ellison's report, which offers over 100 recommendations on how to advance gender equity in the economy
Recent events include:
- Advocating for Systems Change for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Relatives
- Leading for the Seventh Generation
- UMN International Women’s Day Webinar Series: Coalescing Around Justice, Dignity and Hope
- From Seeds to Movements: Feminist Leadership in Climate Justice
- Indigenous Women Have Always Been Leaders