Contributions to the Humphrey School of Public Affairs help prepare the next generation of leaders our communities need. Your gift can support the strategic initiatives of the school, scholarships to bring top students to Minnesota, or specific initiatives and funds of your choice. There are many ways to give.
Cash & Pledges
Cash gifts can go to work immediately, providing financial aid to students and funding other important priorities. All gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. The University of Minnesota Foundation will send you a gift receipt to acknowledge your gift.
- Give online. Select an existing fund or priority from the pull-down box or type in an area you wish to give to under "Special Instructions for your Gift." You can also make a future pledge online.
- Send a check or money order payable to the University of Minnesota Foundation, or set up an electronic fund transfers. Download and print the gift form and send it with your gift to: University of Minnesota Foundation, PO Box 860266, Minneapolis, MN 55486.
- Double your gift! Many corporations match employee gifts to charitable causes. Find out here if your gift qualifies for a match.
Many people choose to make a future gift by including the Humphrey School their estate plans. Planned gifts are made today, but generally are not available for use until some future date, generally after your death. Planned gifts can include:
- Retirement plan assets
- Life insurance
- Charitable gift annuities
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Gifts of real estate
Learn more here about planned giving at the University of Minnesota or request information. Planned gift donors are recognized with membership in the Heritage Society of the University of Minnesota Presidents Club.
Gifts of Stock, Real Estate & Other Property
Outright gifts of appreciated securities, real estate, or tangible personal property are other ways to contribute to the Humphrey School. Please contact the Humphrey School development office if you are contemplating a gift of stock, real estate, or other property.
Gifts in Memory & Honor
You can designate your gift as a memorial or in honor gift. A gift to the Humphrey School is a fitting way to remember or honor a teacher or mentor who influenced your life, a beloved friend or family member, or a public leader you admire. Families/individuals you designate will be notified of your gift, if you wish.