The Humphrey School Alumni Board plays a key role in promoting and achieving the mission of the Humphrey School by providing an effective vehicle for alumni involvement. The Alumni Board facilitates practitioner-based experiences and promotes the School among key partners.
Apply for the Humphrey School Alumni Society Board
Applications are accepted until May 4, 2018
Email an updated resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject of your email "Humphrey School Alumni Society Board Application- Name." Only graduates of the School are eligible for nomination.
In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you want to serve on the Humphrey School Alumni Society Board and what experience you will bring to further the goals and objectives of the Board
- Your community and volunteer activities (personal and professional)
- Any previous ways that you have been involved with the University of Minnesota and/or the Humphrey School in the past (alumni board service, Humphrey mentorship program, donor, class or event speaker, career panel, or resource for students, etc.)
The Humphrey School of Public Affairs and the Humphrey School Alumni Society Board seeks to enrich the diversity of the University and Humphrey community and encourages alumni board applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. This year we are particularly interested in receiving applications from those who graduated prior to 2000. We also encourage alumni living and working outside of Minnesota and the United States to consider applying.
Board members are expected to attend four official alumni board meetings per academic year (July 1-June 30), typically held in September, November, February, and April that are each approximately 2 hours in length. Board members are able to attend meetings in person at the Humphrey School or remotely via video/phone conference. Each board member chooses a committee to serve on that meets in person/remotely in between each board meeting or as determined by the committee chair depending on the projects of each committee. Committees may include Alumni Relations, Student Relations, Development, and Nominations committees.
If you have any questions about the board application process, please contact Jeff Williams (MA '96), Nominations Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
2017-18 Humphrey School Alumni Board Members
- David Anderson (MPA '14)
- Sarah Berke (MPP '10)
- Anne Betzner (MA '98)
- Kerrie Blevins (MPA '11)
- Liz Brailsford (MPA '16)
- Tim Breitbarth (MPP '05)
- Anne Carroll (MPlan '83)
- James Chan (MPP '14)
- Adam Chelseth (MPP '14)
- Elizabeth Glidden (MPA '04)
- Lucas Hollenkamp (MS-STEP '10)
- Anne Hussian (MPA '12)
- Amanda Janzen (MURP '10)
- Roxanne Johnson (MS-STEP '10)
- Rima Kawas (MPA '14)
- Courtney Knox Busch (MA '97)
- Marsha Milgrom (MPA '05)
- Kelly Muellman (MURP '11)
- Minerva Munoz (MPP '09)
- John O'Connell (MPP '06)
- Kenneth Redd (MA '89)
- Diane Rydrych (MA '96)
- Paul Stembler (MA '75)
- Michelle Vigen (MPP '10)
- Jeff Williams (MA '96)