Expertise: academic labor markets; evaluation of anti-racism programs; field experiments measuring racialized perceptions; government procurement and contracting; income inequality in China and the economics of disability in China and the United States; microeconomic policy analysis; modeling of disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) and emerging small business enterprise (ESBE) programs; race-neutral remedies; racial disparities in drowning and competitive swimming and in academic performance; science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) workforce.
PhD in Economics (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1976)
BA (Morgan State University, 1971)
- PA 5022 — Applications of Economics for Policy Analysis: Stratification Economics
- PA 5421 — Racial Inequality and Public Policy
- PA 5002 — Introduction to Policy Analysis
- PA 8312 — Analysis of Discrimination
- PA 8921 — Master's: Professional Paper (Individual Option)
News and Media
Humphrey School News
In the Media
Podcast: How Did Minnesota Become One of the Most Racially Inequitable States?
Star Tribune, 06-20-2020
Poll: Minnesotans Respond to George Floyd Investigation
The Only Way to Solve the Race Problem in America is to Narrow the Wealth Gap
Market Watch, 06-06-2020
George Floyd's Death Exposes the 'Minnesota Paradox'
US News & World Report, 06-04-2020