Fred Rose is the co-founder and the driving force behind Acara, and the lead instructor for all Institute on the Environment courses. He also provides entrepreneurial training for students at 10 universities in central and eastern sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia as part of the USAID-funded One Health Workforce Initiative, which is aimed at developing interdisciplinary teams of professionals to handle pandemic threats.
Fred has 30 years of experience in a wide range of technology research and development, emerging markets, and global development teams, including as director of technology strategy at Honeywell, where he was responsible for strategy and development programs in India, the United States, and China. He was also the co-founder of the nonprofit High Tech Kids.
- GCC 3003 — Seeking Solutions to Global Health Issues
- GCC 5003 — Seeking Solutions to Global Health Issues
- GCC 5501 — Knowledge to Impact: Creating Action with Your Grand Challenge Project Idea
- PA 5715 — Survey of Current Issues in Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy
- PA 5743 — Social Innovation Design Lab: Making Your Idea a Reality
- PA 8081 — Capstone Workshop: Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy