Steve Kelley was most recently commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Commerce, which acts as the state's energy agency, advocating for the public interest in regulatory proceedings and overseeing federal energy assistance programs. Commerce also regulates insurance, state banking, and a variety of professional licensees.
Steve was a senior fellow at the Humphrey School from 2007 through 2018, teaching and engaging in research primarily in science, technology, and environmental policy. Steve also taught courses related to design thinking, social ventures, and communications.
Steve's public service career has included serving for 14 years in the Minnesota Legislature and volunteering for eight years on Minnesota's Board of Medical Practice. He serves and has served on many community organization boards. He earned his law degree from Columbia University and his undergraduate degree from Williams College.
- PA 5122 - Law and Public Affairs
- PA 8081 - Capstone Workshop: Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy
- MDP 5100 - Capstone Prep Workshop
- PA 5080 - Capstone Preparation Workshop
- PA 5442 - Education Law and Policy
- PA 5771 - Change Leadership for Environmental, Social and Governance Action