Women’s Economic Security Act
The Women's Economic Security Act was introduced in the Minnesota Legislature in the 2014 session. The Center on Women and Public Policy served as a core advisor on the development of the package based on its own research and analysis of others research.
- How Minnesota Passed a Massive Economic Security Law for Women (RH Reality Check, August 4, 2014)
- Pass the Women's Economic Security Act (Minnesota Daily, April 15, 2014)
- With Help from U experts, pay gap bill clears hurdle (Minnesota Daily, April 10, 2014)
- Women's bill: the DFL social agenda even Republicans voted for (MinnPost, April 10, 2014)
- Moving Women in to the Future (Twin Cities Daily Planet, March 25, 2014)
- A DFL Push for Gender Fairness - and votes (Politics in Minnesota, April 2, 2014)
- A Renewed Effort to Close Minnesota's Gender Gap (Star Tribune, January 30, 2014)
- Gender Wage Gap Targeted in New Bill, Report (Minnesota Public Radio, January 30, 2014)
On January 29, 2015, the Center co-hosted the Second Annual Women's Economic Security Summit. CWPP Director presented opening remarks on trends for women and girls in the state. Watch the opening session of the Women's Economic Security Summit, or learn more and watch each of the Summit panels.