UMN and Humphrey School Updates on COVID-19
The University of Minnesota is closely monitoring the emerging public health concern involving the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Click the link below for updates and announcements from the University regarding COVID-19.
Humphrey School Updates
(as of March 26, 2020)
All events currently scheduled to be hosted by the Humphrey School during the two weeks of online instruction are being assessed individually. Should an event be canceled, an announcement will be made.
At this time, the following event(s) have been canceled or transitioned to online-only events:
- The 2020 Social Equity Leadership Conference from June 10–12, 2020 has been canceled.
- 2020 Public Leadership Awards on April 14, 2020 will be rescheduled for spring 2021. Contact Keith Hovis (email@example.com) with questions on this cancellation.
- House Speaker Melissa Hortman on April 3, 2020, hosted by the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance, has been canceled.
- "Coronavirus and Dysfunction in Washington, D.C." with Norm Ornstein on April 1, 2020, hosted by the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance, will now be taking place as a virtual event at the same date and time. Register to attend the webinar here.
- "Will the 'Troubles' Return?: Northern Ireland, Ireland and Britain after Brexit on April 6, 2020, hosted by the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance, will now be taking place as a virtual event at the same date and time. Register to attend the webinar here.
Humphrey School Leadership Communications
The following communications have been sent by Humphrey School leadership to faculty, students, and staff regarding COVID-19:
March 26, 2020
March 25, 2020
March 23, 2020
- Resources and Engagement Opportunities for Students During COVID-19 from Associate Dean Carissa Slotterback
March 19, 2020
- Social Equity Leadership Conference (SELC) 2020 canceled---share your insights online, then plan for a terrific SELC 2021 from Dean Laura Bloomberg
March 18, 2020
March 15, 2020
- Humphrey School employees working remotely from Dean Laura Bloomberg
- UMN Best Practices for Working Remotely
March 13, 2020
- COVID-19- Additional Suggestions for Instructors for Remote Instruction from Associate Dean Carissa Slotterback
- HHH Public Leadership awards canceled for 2020; will be back spring 2021 from Dean Bloomberg to Advisory Council
March 12, 2020
- COVID-19 implications for Humphrey School RAs and TAs from Dean Laura Bloomberg
- COVID-19 implications for Humphrey School student workers from Dean Laura Bloomberg
- COVID-19- Student Support for Completing Degree Requirements from Associate Dean Carissa Slotterback
March 11, 2020