Courageous Conversations: The Challenge of an Aging Workforce on the Iron Range
It's no secret that Minnesota's population is aging rapidly and our workforce is declining in size, with potentially seismic impacts on business, industry, and the state's overall economic health. Given these realities, how can we keep older workers engaged and productive in the workforce, contributing vital skills to help Minnesota thrive in this changing landscape? What are the conversations that need to happen - between employers and employees, and across rural and urban communities - to tackle this growing challenge?
Join us to explore how these dynamics are uniquely impacting the Iron Range and surrounding communities.
- Series moderator Gary Eichten, MPR News Editor-At-Large and Retired Host
- Speakers from local businesses, community organizations, and workforce development centers
- First-hand accounts of Minnesota employers facing an aging workforce
- Personal stories of Minnesotans wrestling with these changes
- Next steps and recommendations for employers, community leaders, and more
Brought to you by the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs, with generous support from the McKnight Foundation.
If you are unable to attend this event, but would like to be on the email list for future Courageous Conversations events on the aging workforce, please email email@example.com with the subject line "Subscribe to CCs"