Degree Planning & Completion

From the moment you start at the Humphrey School to the time you graduate, there are several steps to planning and completing your degree. We are here to help you navigate every step of the way. It is easier to tackle by following the tasks listed in these five major areas:

  • Planning worksheets: choose the one specific to your degree
  • Concentration forms: complete if this applies to your studies
  • Graduate degree plan: required by all graduate students at the University of Minnesota
  • Final paper & capstone: choose your option
  • Degree completion: follow 1o specific steps

Concentration Planning Forms

View Concentration Planning Forms for all MPP and MURP areas

Master of Public Policy (MPP)

Master of Urban and Regional Planning (MURP)

Master of Human Rights (MHR)

  • Race and Ethnicity in Human Rights
  • NGO Management
  • Human Rights and Development
  • Human Rights and Conflict
  • Refugees and Asylum
  • Self-designed

Master of Public Affairs

Note: Forms for the MHR concentrations are currently being developed. If you have questions, contact your academic advisor. 

Final Paper, Capstone & Plan A: Thesis

Students must complete the Capstone Workshop (PA 8081) as part of their degree.

Students must submit a professional paper to graduate (either Capstone Workshop PA 8081 or Individual Paper PA 8082 or 8921).

Student Services

Humphrey School of Public Affairs
280 Humphrey School
301 19th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55455