Social Policy & Policy Analysis
Social policy at the Humphrey School puts issues of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity, employment, age, and immigrant status at the center of inquiry. In looking at social policy in the U.S. and globally, students look beyond governmental actors to understand how nonprofit organizations and social movements create and implement policy.
Social Policy & Policy Analysis Area Chair
Related Academic Programs
- Master of Human Rights (MHR)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Affairs (Mid-Career) (MPA)
- Concentration in Gender and Public Policy
- Concentration in Social Policy
- Certificate in Policy Issues on Work & Pay
Associated Research Centers
- The Center on Women, Gender, and Public Policy has a long tradition of leadership in the field in women’s human rights, global feminism, and specific public policy issues, such as comparable worth.
- The Human Capital Research Collaborative (HCRC) is a partnership between the University of Minnesota and the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis to advance multidisciplinary research on child development and social policy.
- The Roy Wilkins Center for Human Relations and Social Justice, named for the famed civil rights leader and longtime head of the NAACP, studies and formulates solutions to problems of racial and ethnic inequality.