Politics & Governance
The Humphrey School's deep expertise in politics and governance helps students understand the political context in which policy decisions are made so that they can influence the public arena through agenda-setting, advocacy, persuasion, and participation in grassroots reform.
Politics & Governance Area Chair
Professor Lawrence R. Jacobs
Related Academic Programs
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Affairs (Mid-Career) (MPA)
- Concentration in Politics and Governance
- Certificate in Public Affairs Leadership
- Certificate in Election Administration
Associated Research Centers
The Center for the Study of Politics and Governance develops practical information and solutions to pressing political and policy challenges, increases public understanding of politics through research relevant to policymakers and legislators, and serves as a resource to the media and citizens on important policy issues.