Center for Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy
The Center for Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy at the Humphrey School focuses on public issues arising at the intersection of science, technology, environment, and society that shape economic development, environmental sustainability, human health and well-being. By integrating science with public policy, community action, and multi-sector governance, the center advances the common good in a complex and diverse world.
- Conduct transformative research that helps solve the most pressing challenges at the intersection of science, technology, environment, and society.
- Explore best practices for applying science and technology to solve public policy problems and engaging citizens in science policy issues.
- Create a network of faculty, students, alumni, and partners that grounds the program in the real world, enabling high-impact action.
- Engage in outreach to improve public understanding of science and the public's ability to make decisions on issues that involve science and technology.
- Educate students in effective ways to apply science and technology to policy problems.