Office: 232 Humphrey School
Center/Department: Global Policy Area
International relations education and programs, East Asian foreign and security policy, East Asian domestic politics
Sherry Gray joined the Humphrey School in 2008 after several years of consulting on international relations education and programs, most notably on Ford Foundation and CEEVN projects to support undergraduate teaching of international relations in Vietnam.
Gray previously served as a program officer at the Stanley Foundation, where she was responsible for the Emerging from Conflict program. There, she developed activities to facilitate improved dialogue between U.S. government and nongovernment foreign policy analysts and their counterparts in China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Vietnam. More information can be found at www.emergingfromconflict.org.
From 1992 to 1995, Gray was executive director of the Program for International Studies (PISA), organized under the American Council of Learned Societies, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Social Sciences Research Council. PISA promoted international relations education and exchange programs in China, Mongolia, and Vietnam. See www.gwu.edu/~pisa/ for more information.
Gray has taught international and comparative politics at Providence and Macalester colleges and at the universities of Louisville, Minnesota, Wisconsin—River Falls and Port Harcourt (Nigeria). She lived and worked for a number of years in China, teaching English and studying Chinese at Liaoning University.
Gray has a B.A. from the University of Colorado and an M.A. and Ph.D. from the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver.
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
Go to the University of Minnesota One Stop website to apply for these and other public affairs courses.
For syllabi for the current or upcoming semester, please visit the University of Minnesota's Course Guide and look for the syllabus icon. If the syllabus is not there, contact the instructor directly. Syllabi are available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact Jeremy Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-7095 for assistance.
- PA 5990 — Topics: Pub Affairs--General - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 8991 — Independent Study - Course Description - Register for this courseSpring 2014
- PA 5952 — Global Commons Seminar II - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 8081 — Capstone Workshop - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 8991 — Independent Study - Course Description - Register for this courseSummer 2014
- PA 8991 — Independent StudyFall 2014
- PA 5990 — Topics: Pub Affairs--General
- PA 8991 — Independent StudySpring 2015
- PA 5952 — Global Commons Seminar II
- PA 8081 — Capstone Workshop
- PA 8991 — Independent Study