Office: 295H Humphrey School
Center/Department: State and Local Policy Program
Transportation policy and finance; regional economic development; industry clusters; planning; congestion pricing, rural road safety
Lee Munnich, senior fellow, directs the State and Local Policy Program. He focuses on transportation policy and finance, congestion pricing, rural road safety, regional economic development, and industry clusters. Munnich has more than twenty-three years of experience with state and local governments. He was a deputy commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Trade and Economic Development, research director for the Minnesota Business Partnership, economic consultant for the Minnesota House of Representatives, manager of Midwest Research Institute's Center of Economic Studies, and executive director of the Minnesota Tax Study Commission. He was elected to the Minneapolis City Council twice in 1973 and 1975.
Munnich is director of the national Center for Excellence in Rural Safety and co-chair of the Transportation Research Board's Congestion Pricing Committee. Munnich founded and chaired the Minnesota Economic Resource Group in 1985, developed and managed the annual Economic Report to the Governor of Minnesota through 1991, and chaired the National Association of State Development Agencies' research division from 1986 to 1990.
Munnich received a bachelor's degree in economics from Georgetown University in 1967 and has done postgraduate work in economics and computer science at the University of Minnesota.
Go to the University of Minnesota One Stop website to apply for these and other public affairs courses.
For syllabi for the current or upcoming semester, please visit the University of Minnesota's Course Guide and look for the syllabus icon. If the syllabus is not there, contact the instructor directly. Syllabi are available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact Jeremy Gordon at email@example.com or 612-624-7095 for assistance.
- PA 5590 — Economic & Comm Dev Topics - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 8991 — Independent Study - Course Description - Register for this courseSpring 2014
- PA 5920 — Skills Workshop - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 8081 — Capstone Workshop - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 8991 — Independent Study - Course Description - Register for this courseSummer 2014
- PA 8991 — Independent StudyFall 2014
- PA 5590 — Economic & Comm Dev Topics
- PA 8991 — Independent StudySpring 2015
- PA 5920 — Skills Workshop
- PA 8081 — Capstone Workshop
- PA 8991 — Independent Study