Office: 149 Humphrey School
On leave spring 2012
Public economics, economics of education, early childhood education, cost-benefit analysis, policy evaluation
Judy Temple has a joint appointment in the Humphrey School and in the Department of Applied Economics. Her recent research focuses on evaluation of the longer terms of effects of early educational interventions. She is a co-principal investigator on a project involving the Chicago Longitudinal Study, which has followed over 1,200 students from low-income neighborhoods from kindergarten into adulthood. Temple also is an adjunct professor in the Institute of Child Development.
Before arriving at the Humphrey School in 2006, Temple was an associate professor of economics at Northern Illinois University, where she taught and conducted research in public economics including state and local finance and policy evaluation. Temple also has taught at the LaFollette Institute of Public Affairs at UW-Madison.
Judy Temple has a doctorate in economics from Michigan State University and an undergraduate degree from UW-Madison. She has been a National Academy of Education/ Spencer Foundation postdoctoral fellow.
Go to the University of Minnesota One Stop website to apply for these and other public affairs courses.
For syllabi for the current or upcoming semester, please visit the University of Minnesota's Course Guide and look for the syllabus icon. If the syllabus is not there, contact the instructor directly. Syllabi are available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact Jeremy Gordon at email@example.com or 612-624-7095 for assistance.
- PA 5022 — Public Aff Econ II - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 5490 — Social Policy Topics - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 8081 — Capstone Workshop - Course Description - Register for this course
- PA 8991 — Independent Study - Course Description - Register for this courseSummer 2014Fall 2014
- PA 5022 — Public Aff Econ II
- PA 5490 — Social Policy TopicsSpring 2015
- APEC 3001 — Ap Micro:Consumers, Prod & Mkt