Partners + Links
To serve students from around the world and leaders from the nonprofit and public sectors, the PNLC collaborates with a variety of partners in our academic, research, and programmatic efforts. The PNLC is proud to work closely with the following organizations from both the University of Minnesota and greater communities. You can find other HELPFUL RESOURCES for public and nonprofit leaders here.
Our University of Minnesota Partners
- Center for Integrative Leadership (CIL) Our sister center in the Humphrey School’s Leadership and Management Area, CIL engages in collaborative teaching, community outreach, and research initiatives with other University centers, and external community partners because integrative leadership has the greatest potential to advance the common good.
- Center for Urban and Regional Affairs (CURA) connects the resources of the University of Minnesota with the interests and needs of urban communities and the region for the benefit of all. CURA supports research and publishes policy-oriented reports on a wide range of urban and regional issues.
- College of Continuing Education (CCE) Each year, the College serves more than 50,000 learners working toward individualized or applied degrees or certificates; accessing the University's credit courses; or participating in short courses, workshops and events. Check our “Helpful Resources” for links to descriptions of CCE’s programs.
- Community-Service Learning Center gets UMN-Twin Cities students involved in the local community through volunteering, service-learning classes, and other unique opportunities.
- Minnesota Extension is a 100-year-old partnership between federal, state, and county governments providing scientific knowledge and expertise to the public. Check our “Helpful Resources” for links to information about Extension programs, courses, and very helpful online resources for leaders.
Our Partners Outside of the University
- Association of Minnesota Counties is a voluntary statewide organization that assists the state’s 87 counties in providing effective county governance to the people of Minnesota.
- Charities Review Council is an independent resource for people who make contributions to support charities. They are dedicated to empowering donors in making informed and thoughtful giving decisions.
- InCommons inspires and supports the courageous leadership necessary to engage communities and solve problems.
- League of Minnesota Cities is a membership organization dedicated to promoting excellence in local government. The League serves its more than 800 member cities through advocacy, education and training, policy development, risk management, and other services.
- MAP for Nonprofits provides management consulting and services, as well as board recruitment and training, to large, medium and small nonprofit organizations in the Twin Cities and beyond, helping nonprofit clients to more effectively to achieve their missions. Check our "Helpful Resources" for links to MAP's online tools, including its very helpful free online management library.
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits is the statewide association of more than 2,000 member nonprofit organizations. MCN meet the increasing information needs of nonprofits and to convene nonprofits to address issues facing the sector. Check our "Helpful Resources" for links to MCN's extensive online tools including nonprofit management articles, and information on affinity groups, upcoming events and job openings.
- Minnesota Council on Foundations, a community of grantmakers, works actively to strengthen and expand philanthropy and improve the vitality and health of our communities. The Council is a regional membership association of family and private foundations, community and other public foundations, and corporate foundations and giving programs. Check our "Helpful Resources" for links to MCF's extensive online tools on fundraising and grantwriting.
- Minnesota School Boards Association supports, promotes and enhances the work of public school boards and public education.
- Nonprofits Assistance Fund provides loans that help nonprofits realize their visions, financial management training and resources that promote healthy financial practices, and guidance to nonprofit staff on strategic financial planning and management. Check our "Helpful Resources" for links to the Fund's unique online financial management tools and resources.